Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Purple Prairie Botanicals Review

Purple Prairie Botancials happily provided me with some items to review for ya'll!

























(Sorry for the bad lighting here!)




Carrot Rose Face Cream - ($10.99-$31.99)

Just received my first bottle, of many to come as this is clearly going to be a staple. I love the serums generally, but this feels great and leaves my skin soft and clear. I'm very happy with the results so far! Plus, it smells divine! I could almost eat it.... Almost. :)

*99% Natural
*Made with Organic Ingredients
*Benefits All Skin Types
*NO Parabens, Gluten, Phthalates, Synthetic Fragrances or dyes, animal ingredients or sulfates.























Peppermint Tea Tree Foot Lotion - ($10.99)

This stuff is amazing! I had really dry feet before using this and now it's nice and soft and I don't have anymore cracks! :P A "must-have" if you suffer from dry, cracked heels or rough feet. I put this on every night after I shower and then I put on a soft pair of socks until  crawl into bed. In the morning my feet are nice and soft.




































Peppermint Oatmeal Soap - ($3.99)

I've been looking for a natural soap that is effective but won't dry out my skin. This is exactly what I'e been looking for! It lathers well and has a nice minty smell. As the description says, it is cooling on sensitive, irritated skin. Like most bar soaps, it feels like it leaves a bit of residue after rinsing, but the feeling doesnt last long and isn't uncomfortable.




































Orange Teatree Soap - ($3.99)

Soft and moist (like Shea Butter). Smell is very nice. I have very dry skin on my hands, so I recognize a good soap fast, I can see after a few minutes how my skin reacts. I'm happy to confirm that this one is not drying.





































Tea Tree Soap - ($3.99)

I use this primarily when it gets warm and bugs and insects are rampant. Mosquito's love me. However, they and their insect buddies don't love tea tree oil. And since I don't like using oily products such as insect repellent, this product seems heaven sent.

Tea Tree oil has a somewhat astringent quality and scent which isn't unpleasant and is actually sort of fresh without having a flowery property. It is also good for facial outbreaks as it effectively fights oily residue on skin.





































Shea Butter & Oatmeal Soap - ($3.99)

It has a very mild smell. Not floral or fruity, which is nice sometimes.

What I didn't like was that is has chunks of oatmeal in it. Actual pieces of oatmeal. As the bar gets smaller, the pieces of oatmeal start coming off while lathering. I don't know if its meant to exfoliate or what, but generally I prefer a solid bar of soap. It may be something to consider if you don't like chunks of stuff scrubbing off on you while soaping yourself. It wasn't totally annoying though. Just a little weird.


Head over to Purple Prairie Botanicals for more great organic, cruelty-free products!!





No comments:

Post a Comment