Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ipsy - August 2014

Ipsy
Cost: $10/month




























My August Ipsy bag is finally here, a little later in the month than it usually comes. And like most everyone in the blogger scene / beauty groups, I am less than thrilled about this bag. I have been a member since January and this is the worst bag yet.




































"Beauty Schooled" is the theme this month... Appropriate for all the kiddos going back to school :)




































Klorane Dry Shampoo - ($19.50)

I got the full size version of this in my Bluum box a few months and as I remember, I traded it. I'm sure that will happen again.





























Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner - ($4.00)

I currenly have WAYYY too much lip balm, and the Mandarin Green Orange Ginger flavor just doesn't like my cup of tea, so I will give this to my daycare lady for the girls to play with.




I actually got this same sample a few months ago from Urban Decay, right before they released Perversion. I love it! So while I'm happy to have another sample of it, it would have been nice to get something else that I didn't already have (but that's not Ipsy's fault!)





This will also be given to my daycare lady, these just aren't my colors. I would probably use the blue pot, but not the other three. 




It says it works with all skin tones, but I have tried this same one in another subscription box, and I must be one of the unlucky girls that just can't use it.

Verdict: I love my Ipsy, it's one of my favorites. This month the sample sizes were smaller than usual, and some repeats for me. The mascara  is the only item I am keeping from this month (and I already have one!). Heck, I'm even getting rid of the bag. It's weird plastic, and the creases won't come out. Even the bag is less than stellar this month.  :(

Did you get a good bag this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment