Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Body Merry Hyaluronic Acid Serum + 2.5% Retinol Serum Review





  • DEWY RADIANCE: Nurture your skin with this superior hydrating serum and your skin will respond with an almost instant glow (minus the oily 'shine'). Made for those who are looking to rejuvenate their skin and give it a fresh start!
  • NOT JUST HYDRATION: This professional grade VEGAN hyaluronic acid serum not only moisturizes and nourishes your skin, but also provides superior anti-aging benefits by tackling wrinkles and fine lines head on. Body Merry's Hyaluronic Dew Serum is the perfect anti-aging moisture rich product - formulated for all skin types, free of any potential irritants.
  • NATURAL & ORGANIC: Plant derived Hyaluronic Acid is cushioned and supported by powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Green Tea and Organic Jojoba Oil, to give your skin a youthful, bright and even complexion. Free from harsh chemicals such as Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates. No fragrances or alcohol.
  • MADE IN USA + CRUELTY FREE: The serum is made in the USA in an FDA registered and GMP compliant facility. It is not tested on animals.


I really like this product! It is basic, affordable, and provides a very good result for what it is. Skincare can only accomplish so much. That's why I keep it pretty basic with my skin regimen. I like to stick to what I know can work and avoid buying expensive products that do not accomplish what they claim to. This is a good basic Hyaluronic Acid serum. HA is known to improve water retention and therefore keep your skin hydrated. HA naturally occurs in the skin, however, reduces in the outer layer of the skin as we age. The result is the outer layer of the skin appearing more dry and fine lines and wrinkles become more apparent. When moisturized, the skin appears more youthful. HA aids in this process of maintaining hydration of the skin.

With that said.... I will caution anyone who has dry to normal skin that they must absolutely use a moisturizer after this product. I have normal to oily skin and I use the moisturizer at night. I don't moisturize during the day because I live in a very humid climate and my t-zone gets oily. However, at night, I put this serum on after washing my face and wait about ten minutes and then add a good moisturizer. I like Derma-e Firming Moisturizer with DMAE- Alpha Lipoic - C-Ester. This moisturizer has all the necessities in my opinion. I love the DMAE which functions to tighten - as much as a product possibly can. The pair together (The Hyaluronic Acid Serum and the Derma-e moisturizer) are a good affordable combination.

Finally, there are no products that can reduced wrinkles. Only Botox, fillers, laser, or plastic surgery can truly accomplish this. Therefore, you have to set your expectations for skincare products. There are affordable ones like these that work well. Keep it simple. Just a light serum and moisturizer, or you can overstimulate your skin. Products like this should be used daily to maintain best results. SkinMedica (by Allergan) makes some excellent products that are as "active" and "potent" as you can get, but they cost a lot of money. Where I do like the Skinmedica products, the results are not exponentially better than with these.





























  • MAXIMUM STRENGTH RETINOL: This 2.5% retinol serum will let your skin truly sink in all the goodness and power of Vitamin A. It effectively addresses wrinkles, fine lines and spots, while also improving the overall texture and tone of your skin.
  • NATURAL & ORGANIC: The addition of Plant Derived Hyaluronic Acid provides the much needed hydration so you can reap the benefits of Retinol, without having to suffer any dryness or irritation. Organic Green Tea works its charm as a powerful antioxidant.
  • NO HARSH CHEMICALS: The formula does not contain any harsh chemicals such as Parabens, Sulphates or Phthalates. No fragrances or alcohol.
  • MADE IN USA + CRUELTY FREE: The serum is made in the USA in an FDA registered and GMP compliant facility. It is not tested on animals.

As I age, my skin has become drier. I am on a constant quest for effective skin lotions and creams. I am very happy to have found this product.

After a week of use, my skin was noticeably brighter. The effect was subtle, but noticeable. I will never again have the skin of a 20 year old, since I am a long way from 20, but my skin definitely looks better.

After the first few days of use, I was concerned that it would be too drying for my skin, but the good results speak for themselves!

Why I like this product:

* It works. After only a week or so of use, my skin is noticeably brighter.
* The natural ingredients. 
* No scent. This is a pet peeve of mine since so many facial products are ruined by a strong and unpleasant scent.
* Only a very small amount is needed, so the bottle will last a few months.

Since my skin is dry, I was concerned that this serum would be too drying for my skin. Here is how I manage that:

1. I only use it at night and I also apply the resurface night cream.
2. I use it every other day.
3. I plan to use it during the warmer months and not in the winter time, when my skin is especially dry.

If you are looking for a way to help revitalize your skin, this may just be for you.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment